Friday, February 26, 2010

Sunshine Makes All the Difference

Sleep deprivation aside, I forced myself to get out for a 12 mile ride yesterday afternoon.  The weather was colder and windier than it had been earlier in the week, but for some reason the trails were calling even louder.  As I was humping it up a ridge-line doubletrack climb, a realization hit me: sunshine makes all the difference.  Despite the colder temperatures and howling wind, the sunshine makes the world seem more pleasant and inviting, as if all will be well. 


There's something to be said for good 'ole Vitamin D.


I cranked through my 12 miler pretty quickly. . . I impressed myself.  As always, it was just such a satisfying and relaxing feeling to be sweating and grunting away at the pedals.  


Ah, mountain biking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Counter

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greg Heil is the Editor in Chief for Singletracks.com. He's been writing and publishing online since before blogging existed.

About This Blog

Mountain biking, plain and simple. Trail reviews, ride reports, and philosophical musings induced by delirium from grinding up way too many vertical feet.

Read More

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP