Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lazy Rider

I was planning on meeting one of the local riders today. He ended up not showing (turns out he's got an infected knee from a bike crash, and he's chilling at home on antibiotics. I guess that counts as a valid excuse). So, I was reduced to self-motivation in order to get a ride in. It seriously was not a good situation. It took more will power than I want to admit to get dressed and out the door this morning just to meet at 9. And then it turns out that if I was going to ride, I was going to have to make myself do it.

I ended up riding No Tell across, dropping down part of Turner Creek (which I still think is some of the best singletrack in the Bull Mountain network), hooking up with Jones Creek Ridge, and dropping down that to the FS Road, and ending with a 2 mile climb back to the start.

I got back to my car, and figured I'd done about 8.5 miles. That's not that much. With rain looming in the forecast for the next four days, I really wanted to spend a lot more time in the saddle. But I could not motivate myself to ride more. This is what it came down to:

"I'm sick of riding freaking fire roads."
"I just rode the driest pieces of singletrack, and even some of those were damp."
"My brakes are still all jacked up, and I just crashed several times coming down Jones Creek because I have zilch for stopping power."
"I have a butt-ton of homework to do this afternoon."
So I just couldn't make myself do it. And then I went home and ate a calzone, and am sipping a mountain dew, procrastinating on my homework. Dang, I'm a lazy rider.

mountain biking,photography

1 comments:

Greg Heil February 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

I'm liking the blog template.

Post a Comment

Labels

Counter

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greg Heil is the Editor in Chief for Singletracks.com. He's been writing and publishing online since before blogging existed.

About This Blog

Mountain biking, plain and simple. Trail reviews, ride reports, and philosophical musings induced by delirium from grinding up way too many vertical feet.

Read More

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP